Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) Consulting Services
SRG has developed a security management program allowing customers to leverage a senior consultant to provide thought leadership and, in some cases, drive security related initiatives for an organization.
The principal behind the CISO as a Service program is to provide a CISO level function on a part-time basis for companies that need the skill but do not need a full-time resource of this nature.
The CISO as a Service role provides the customer with a part time dedicated resource who would bring the following values to your organization:
- Oversee the Cyber Security Services on the executive’s behalf.
- Provide guidance on an ongoing basis for issues and/or changes that may be required for the services.
- Focus on the customer’s security program investment that can consult and guide regarding overall cyber security needs and directions required.
- Provide Cyber Security recommendations to meet business requirements.
- Provide Technology expertise to assist customers with the complexities that are inherent in today’s new IT solutions Integration of a customer’s old and new technologies to contain costs and maximize benefits.
- A third-party security firm to provide an unbiased view of the security program.
- A specialist that will be available for your executive to guide and consult the company security program leadership team.
- Senior Cyber Security expertise at a fraction of the cost of a fulltime resource.
- A senior security resource that stays in tune with the cyber world and the industry as a whole plus leverage the cyber security and threat intelligence of SRG linked to worldwide threat intelligence connections such as national and international agencies and third-party security technology industry leaders.
CISO Service Stages
Stage One is onboarding of the service, during which the SRG CISO develops an understanding of:
- Customer technology environment
- Customer business culture and executive team/cyber security sponsor
- Customer policies, processes and practices
- Customer business plans
- Customers cyber risks
Stage Two is ongoing consulting services. This is completed both on-site and/or from an SRG remote location. Also, there may be times (annual planning events or special executive meetings) where the CISO will be required to be on customer premises.
The program provides flexibility to accommodate both remote and on-premises work as required by the customer.